Obernolte is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Obernolte has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Jay Obernolte sits on the following committees:
Obernolte sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Obernolte recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8811: Streamlining Aviation for Eligible Veterans Act
- H.R. 7811: AI for National Security Act
- H.R. 7138: Protecting Against Compromised Internet of Things Technology Act
- H.R. 7093: To withdraw certain Federal land in the San Bernardino National Forest in California …
- H.R. 6933: Cost-Share Accountability Act of 2022
- H.R. 6434: Japanese American World War II History Network Act
- H.R. 5355: Desert Community Lands Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to Nov 2022, Obernolte missed 5 of 917 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: