Our unique analysis of the bills Carnahan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Carnahan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Carnahan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Families (14%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Health (14%) Crime and Law Enforcement (14%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Labor and Employment (11%) Commerce (11%)
Some of Carnahan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2842 (107th): Senior Self-Sufficiency Act
- S. 2831 (107th): Airline Worker Relief Act of 2002
- S. 2820 (107th): A bill to increase the priority dollar amount for unsecured claims, and ...
- S. 2783 (107th): Honor Our Heroes Act
- S. 2511 (107th): Child Obscenity and Pornography Prevention Act of 2002
- S. 2472 (107th): A bill for the relief of Rosemary Bichage.
- S. 2470 (107th): Global Nuclear Security Initiative Act of 2002
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Nov 2002, Carnahan missed 10 of 633 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: