Our unique analysis of the bills Schmidt sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Schmidt is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Schmidt was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2078 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14536 State Route 136 in Cherry Fork, Ohio, as the “Staff Sergeant Omer T. ‘O.T.’ ...
- H.R. 2077 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 20805 State Route 125 in Blue Creek, Ohio, as the “George B. Lewis Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Schmidt sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (35%) Transportation and Public Works (15%) Families (15%) Health (12%) Taxation (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%)
Some of Schmidt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 784 (112th): Celebrating the life and achievements of Neil A. Armstrong, a United States ...
- H.R. 5502 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on mixtures of (acetato) pentammine ...
- H.R. 5497 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on certain warp knit open-work ...
- H.R. 5498 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on plastic laminate sheets.
- H.R. 5499 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on 2-cyclo-hexylidene-2-phenyl-acetonitrile.
- H.R. 5500 (112th): To extend and modify the temporary reduction of duty on Methylionone.
- H.R. 5501 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on mixtures of 1-(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-octahydro-2,3,8,8-tetramethyl -2-naphthalenyl)-ethan-1-one ...
From Sep 2005 to Jan 2013, Schmidt missed 179 of 5,898 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: