Our unique analysis of the bills Schmidt sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Schmidt is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Schmidt was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2078 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14536 State Route 136 in Cherry Fork, Ohio, as the “Staff Sergeant Omer T. ‘O.T.’ ...
- H.R. 2077 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 20805 State Route 125 in Blue Creek, Ohio, as the “George B. Lewis Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Schmidt sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (35%) Transportation and Public Works (15%) Families (15%) Health (12%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Taxation (8%)
Some of Schmidt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 784 (112th): Celebrating the life and achievements of Neil A. Armstrong, a United States ...
- H.R. 5497 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on certain warp knit open-work ...
- H.R. 5499 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on 2-cyclo-hexylidene-2-phenyl-acetonitrile.
- H.R. 5500 (112th): To extend and modify the temporary reduction of duty on Methylionone.
- H.R. 5502 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on mixtures of (acetato) pentammine ...
- H.R. 5498 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on plastic laminate sheets.
- H.R. 5501 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on mixtures of 1-(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-octahydro-2,3,8,8-tetramethyl -2-naphthalenyl)-ethan-1-one ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Schmidt’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.J.Res. 48 (112th): Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
Mar 15, 2011. Passed 271/158.
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Sep 2005 to Jan 2013, Schmidt missed 179 of 5,898 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: