Read our 2016 Report Card for Shaheen.
Our unique analysis of the bills Shaheen has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Shaheen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jeanne Shaheen sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia, and Counterterrorism
Shaheen was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- S. 2219: Outdoor Recreation Jobs and Economic Impact Act of 2016
- S. 2566: Sexual Assault Survivors’ Rights Act
- S. 272: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
- S. 540 (113th): Temporary Debt Limit Extension Act
- S. 1566 (113th): A bill to extend the period during which Iraqis who were employed by the United States Government in Iraq may be granted special immigrant status and to ...
- S. 1283 (113th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2014
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Shaheen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shaheen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 25: Right Start Child Care and Education Act of 2017
- S.Res. 616: A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of American Diabetes Month.
- S.Res. 595: A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of National Veterans Small Business Week.
- S. 3434: Violence Against Women Veterans Act
- S. 3324: Combat Sexual Harassment in Housing Act
- S.Res. 553: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the challenges the conflict ...
- S. 3298: Carl’s Law
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Shaheen’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 24, 2015. Motion Agreed to 60/38.
This was the Senate's final vote on Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. The House had ...
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
May 22, 2015. Bill Passed 62/37.
This vote turned what was a bill regarding administrative appeals of IRS determinations into the Trade Act of 2015, which included Trade Promotion Authority for the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal as well as Trade Adjustment Assistance.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
S.Res. 8 (112th): A resolution amending the Standing Rules of the Senate to provide for cloture to be invoked with ...
Jan 27, 2011. Resolution Rejected 12/84.
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010, also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act), was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
S.J.Res. 5 (111th): A joint resolution relating to the disapproval of obligations under the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.
Jan 15, 2009. Joint Resolution Defeated 42/52.
From Jan 2009 to Jan 2017, Shaheen missed 28 of 2,369 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is on par with the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: