Our unique analysis of the bills Shaheen has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Shaheen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Shaheen for more statistics.
Jeanne Shaheen sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia, and Counterterrorism
Shaheen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shaheen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3220: Combating Sexual Harassment in Housing Act
- S. 3164: Fair Housing for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Survivors Act of 2016
- S.Res. 482: A resolution urging the European Union to designate Hizballah in its entirety as ...
- S. 3009: National Guard and Reserve Entrepreneurship Support Act of 2016
- S. 3012: Public Engagement at FERC Act
- S. 2923: Saint-Gaudens National Park for the Arts Redesignation Act
- S. 2898: Small Business National Security Innovation Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2016, Shaheen missed 28 of 2,312 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: