Our unique analysis of the bills Hensarling has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hensarling is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hensarling for more statistics.
Jeb Hensarling sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Some of Hensarling’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5983: Financial CHOICE Act of 2016
- H.Res. 98: Providing amounts for the expenses of the Committee on Financial Services in the ...
- H.R. 5872 (112th): Sequestration Transparency Act of 2012
- H.Res. 447 (112th): Electing a certain Member to a certain standing committee of the House ...
- H.Res. 420 (112th): Electing certain Members to certain standing committees.
- H.R. 2225 (112th): To amend the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 to add a definition ...
- H.Res. 303 (112th): Electing Members to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Hensarling’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 764: A bill to reauthorize and amend the National Sea Grant College Program Act, and for other purposes.
Jul 14, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2016, Hensarling missed 134 of 10,101 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: