Our unique analysis of the bills Hensarling has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hensarling is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hensarling for more statistics.
Jeb Hensarling sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Hensarling sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hensarling’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 98: Providing amounts for the expenses of the Committee on Financial Services in the ...
- H.R. 5872 (112th): Sequestration Transparency Act of 2012
- H.Res. 447 (112th): Electing a certain Member to a certain standing committee of the House ...
- H.Res. 420 (112th): Electing certain Members to certain standing committees.
- H.R. 2225 (112th): To amend the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 to add a definition ...
- H.Res. 303 (112th): Electing Members to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
- H.Res. 263 (112th): Electing Members to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Jul 2016, Hensarling missed 125 of 9,957 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: