Read our 2018 Report Card for Denham.
Denham is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Denham sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Denham was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 6405 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2801 Mitchell Road in Ceres, California, as the “Lance Corporal Juana Navarro Arellano Post Office ...
- H.R. 6451 (114th): Federal Property Management Reform Act of 2016
- H.R. 4465 (114th): Federal Assets Sale and Transfer Act of 2016
- H.R. 4937 (114th): PIPES Act of 2016
- H.R. 5404 (113th): Department of Veterans Affairs Expiring Authorities Act of 2014
- H.R. 2576 (113th): To amend title 49, United States Code, to modify requirements relating to the availability of pipeline safety regulatory documents, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 219 (113th): Sandy Recovery Improvement Act of 2013
Does 9 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Denham sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Denham’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6405 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5974 (115th): VA COST SAVINGS Enhancements Act
- H.Res. 774 (115th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 4760) to amend the immigration ...
- H.Res. 741 (115th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the rebuilding and ...
- H.R. 4455 (115th): SMART Rebuilding Act
- H.R. 4403 (115th): Moving Americans Privacy Protection Act
- H.R. 3451 (115th): CARE Act
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2018, Denham missed 141 of 5,345 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: