Read our 2017 Report Card for Denham.
Denham is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Denham has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jeff Denham sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Denham was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 6451 (114th): Federal Property Management Reform Act of 2016
- H.R. 4465 (114th): Federal Assets Sale and Transfer Act of 2016
- H.R. 4937 (114th): PIPES Act of 2016
- H.R. 5404 (113th): Department of Veterans Affairs Expiring Authorities Act of 2014
- H.R. 2576 (113th): To amend title 49, United States Code, to modify requirements relating to the availability of pipeline safety regulatory documents, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 219 (113th): Sandy Recovery Improvement Act of 2013
- H.J.Res. 122 (112th): Establishing the date for the counting of the electoral votes for President and Vice President cast by the electors in December 2012.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Denham sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Denham’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 774: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 4760) to amend the immigration laws ...
- H.Res. 741: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the rebuilding and resettlement ...
- H.R. 4455: SMART Rebuilding Act
- H.R. 4403: Moving Americans Privacy Protection Act
- H.R. 3451: CARE Act
- H.R. 2779: Assessing Critical Care Efforts to Strengthen Services (ACCESS) Act of 2017
- H.R. 1818: Big Cat Public Safety Act
|Denham’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4182: EQUALS Act of 2017
Nov 30, 2017. Passed 213/204.
H.R. 4182 extends the probationary period for appointments to the competitive service and initial appointments as supervisors and managers from one year to two years after the completion of required training and licensing. The bill also extends the probationary period for initial Senior Executive Service ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 2029: Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
Apr 30, 2015. Passed 255/163.
This bill was the vehicle for passage of the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015 and the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016, also known as the omnibus spending bill. H.R. 2029 would fund the federal government for the remainder of fiscal year 2016 (through ...
H.R. 240: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
Jan 14, 2015. Passed 236/191.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6621 (112th): To correct and improve certain provisions of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act and title 35, United States ...
Dec 18, 2012. Passed 308/89.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Mar 2018, Denham missed 77 of 4,974 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: