Read our 2016 Report Card for Flake.
Our unique analysis of the bills Flake has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Flake is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jeff Flake sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Member, Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Flake was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- S. 2935 (114th): End Housing Subsidies for the Rich Act of 2016
- H.R. 6338 (109th): Geneva Distinctive Emblems Protection Act of 2006
- H.J.Res. 102 (108th): Recognizing the 60th anniversary of the Battle of Peleliu and the end of Imperial Japanese control of Palau during World War II and urging the Secretary of ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Flake sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Flake’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 368: A bill to require the Director of the United States Fish and Wildlife ...
- S. 323: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to create Universal ...
- S. 276: Judicial Administration and Improvement Act of 2017
- S. 195: TIRE Act
- S. 140: A bill to amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act ...
- S. 127: SAFE Act
- S. 77: Stop Paying U.S. in Peanuts Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Flake’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2013 to Feb 2017, Flake missed 44 of 1,231 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: