Read our 2018 Report Card for Fortenberry.
Fortenberry is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Fortenberry has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jeff Fortenberry sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Fortenberry was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4819 (115th): DELTA Act
- H.R. 893 (114th): Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 5283 (111th): Help HAITI Act of 2010
- H.R. 761 (110th): To authorize the Secretary of Interior to convey to The Missouri River Basin Lewis and Clark Interpretive Trail and Visitor Center Foundation, Inc. certain Federal land associated ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Fortenberry sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (21%) Health (21%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (18%) Taxation (13%) Agriculture and Food (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Government Operations and Politics (5%) Finance and Financial Sector (5%)
Some of Fortenberry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2490: To amend the National Trails System Act to direct the Secretary of the ...
- H.Res. 259: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives to support the repatriation of ...
- H.Res. 225: Recognizing the 150th anniversary of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- H.R. 1651: RE-VAC Act
- H.R. 726: National Discovery Trails Act
- H.R. 660: CHILD Act
- H.R. 458: Affordable Limited Health Coverage Act
From Jan 2005 to Jun 2019, Fortenberry missed 284 of 10,504 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: