Our unique analysis of the bills Fortenberry has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fortenberry is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Fortenberry for more statistics.
Jeff Fortenberry sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Vice Chairman, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Fortenberry sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (24%) Armed Forces and National Security (17%) Health (17%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Taxation (14%) Housing and Community Development (7%) Agriculture and Food (7%)
Some of Fortenberry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4506: Know Before You Go Act of 2016
- H.Con.Res. 75: Expressing the sense of Congress that the atrocities perpetrated by ISIL against religious ...
- H.R. 3248: VET Act of 2015
- H.R. 2661: National Discovery Trails Act of 2015
- H.R. 1494: Retirement Health Savings Act of 2015
- H.R. 1292: Disabled Veterans Commissary and Exchange Store Benefits Act
- H.R. 1223: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to prevent the retroactive claim ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Jul 2016, Fortenberry missed 250 of 8,736 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 85 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: