Our unique analysis of the bills Fortenberry has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fortenberry is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Fortenberry for more statistics.
Jeff Fortenberry sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Vice Chairman, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Fortenberry sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (22%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Health (15%) Taxation (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Agriculture and Food (11%) Housing and Community Development (7%)
Some of Fortenberry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 152: Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States and the international community ...
- H.R. 4506: Know Before You Go Act of 2016
- H.Con.Res. 75: Expressing the sense of Congress that the atrocities perpetrated by ISIL against religious ...
- H.R. 3248: VET Act of 2015
- H.R. 2661: National Discovery Trails Act of 2015
- H.R. 1494: Retirement Health Savings Act of 2015
- H.R. 1292: Disabled Veterans Commissary and Exchange Store Benefits Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Fortenberry’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2393: Country of Origin Labeling Amendments Act of 2015
Jun 10, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1806: America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2015
May 20, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2016, Fortenberry missed 250 of 8,832 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 85 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: