Our unique analysis of the bills Miller has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Miller is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Miller for more statistics.
Jeff Miller sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
House Committee on Armed Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security Agency and Cybersecurity
Miller sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Miller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5620: VA Accountability First and Appeals Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 5420: To authorize the American Battle Monuments Commission to acquire, operate, and maintain the ...
- H.Con.Res. 133: Honoring the members of the United States Air Force who were casualties of ...
- H.R. 5286: VA Construction and Lease Authorization, Health, and Benefits Enhancement Act
- H.R. 4987: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3957 ...
- H.R. 4892: To amend title 38, United States Code, to pay special compensation to certain ...
- H.R. 4757: To amend title 38, United States Code, to expand the eligibility for headstones, ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Oct 2001 to Jul 2016, Miller missed 407 of 10,558 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 165 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: