Read our 2019 Report Card for Van Drew.
Van Drew is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Van Drew has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 1, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jefferson Van Drew sits on the following committees:
Van Drew sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Van Drew’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5678: Privacy Office Enhancement Act
- H.R. 5291: Fair Indexing for Health Care Affordability Act
- H.R. 5275: Keep the William J. Hughes Technical Center Funded for FY 2020 Act
- H.R. 5274: Pay Our Coast Guard Act of 2020
- H.R. 4912: NO CLAWS Act
- H.R. 4777: Protect our Elections Act
- H.R. 4325: To amend the Commodity Exchange Act to clarify treatment of privileged information after ...
From Jan 2019 to May 2020, Van Drew missed 21 of 816 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: