Read our 2022 Report Card for Wexton.
Wexton is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wexton has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Mar 30, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
Jennifer Wexton sits on the following committees:
Wexton was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1444 (117th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 132 North Loudoun Street, Suite 1 in Winchester, Virginia, as the Patsy Cline Post Office.
- H.R. 3153 (116th): EFFORT Act
- H.R. 4971 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 15 East Market Street in Leesburg, Virginia, as the “Norman Duncan Post Office Building”.
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wexton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Crime and Law Enforcement (21%) Finance and Financial Sector (18%) Health (18%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (6%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%) Taxation (6%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Wexton recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 245: Recognizing and congratulating the city of Manassas, Virginia, on the 150th anniversary of …
- H.R. 1106: COST of Relocations Act
- H.Res. 120: Expressing support for designation of the month of February 2023 as “National Teen …
- H.Con.Res. 84 (117th): Supporting the goals and ideals of International Transgender Day of Visibility.
- H.Res. 924 (117th): Expressing support for designation of the month of February 2022 as “National …
- H.R. 6408 (117th): AGRITOURISM Act
- H.Res. 837 (117th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Beijing should immediately …
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2023, Wexton missed 10 of 2,134 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Office of Jennifer Wexton for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills