Wexton is the representative for Virginia’s 10th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Wexton is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Wexton.
Wexton is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wexton has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 17, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jennifer Wexton sits on the following committees:
Wexton was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3153 (116th): EFFORT Act
- H.R. 4971 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 15 East Market Street in Leesburg, Virginia, as the “Norman Duncan Post Office Building”.
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wexton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Wexton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 26: Supporting the goals and ideals of International Transgender Day of Visibility.
- H.R. 2182: COVID–19 Disinformation Research and Reporting Act of 2021
- H.R. 2072: Uyghur Forced Labor Disclosure Act
- H.R. 1782: Empowering Law Enforcement for Safer Firearm Transfers Act of 2021
- H.R. 1444: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 132 ...
- H.R. 1272: COST of Relocations Act
- H.Res. 140: Expressing support for designation of the month of February 2021 as “National Teen ...
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2021, Wexton missed 3 of 1,126 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: