Our unique analysis of the bills Ambro sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ambro is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ambro sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Taxation (17%) Private Legislation (11%) Law (11%) Housing and Community Development (11%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Education (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%)
Some of Ambro’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7717 (96th): National Ground Water Environmental Research Act of 1980
- H.J.Res. 574 (96th): A joint resolution relating to a rationing contingency plan.
- H.R. 7098 (96th): Atmospheric and Climate Authorization Act of 1981
- H.R. 7099 (96th): Environmental Research, Development, and Demonstration Authorization Act of 1981
- H.R. 5691 (96th): A bill to amend title 28, United States Code, to move the ...
- H.R. 5690 (96th): A bill to amend section 112 of title 28 of the United ...
- H.R. 5594 (96th): National Water Resources Policy and Development Act of 1979
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Ambro missed 412 of 4,089 roll call votes, which is 10.1%. This is on par with the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills