Our unique analysis of the bills McNerney has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McNerney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for McNerney for more statistics.
Jerry McNerney sits on the following committees:
McNerney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (21%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Environmental Protection (12%) Education (12%) Water Resources Development (12%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Energy (9%) Housing and Community Development (7%)
Some of McNerney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5864: To amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to ...
- H.R. 5863: To amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act to require that ...
- H.R. 5862: To establish a grant program to assist local educational agencies in improving student ...
- H.R. 5698: STARTUP Vets Act of 2016
- H.R. 5498: Revitalize Our Cities Act
- H.R. 5239: Protecting Consumers in Commerce Act of 2016
- H.R. 5159: Western Water Recycling and Drought Relief Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Jul 2016, McNerney missed 110 of 7,522 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: