Read our 2016 Report Card for Moran.
Our unique analysis of the bills Moran has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Moran is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jerry Moran sits on the following committees:
Moran was the primary sponsor of 10 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 3183 (114th): BOTS Act of 2016
- S. 1800 (114th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
- S. 1434 (113th): A bill to designate the Junction City Community-Based Outpatient Clinic located at 715 Southwind Drive, Junction City, Kansas, as the Lieutenant General Richard J. Seitz Community-Based Outpatient ...
- H.R. 3103 (111th): To revise certain requirements relating to the Department of Veterans Affairs pilot program of enhanced contract care authority for health care needs of veterans in highly rural ...
- H.R. 4997 (109th): Physicians for Underserved Areas Act
- H.R. 4000 (109th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to revise certain repayment contracts with the Bostwick Irrigation District in Nebraska, the Kansas Bostwick Irrigation District No. 2, the ...
- H.R. 4608 (107th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical and Regional Office Center in Wichita, Kansas, as the ‘Robert J. Dole Department of Veterans Affairs Medical and Regional ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Moran sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Moran’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 189: Fort Scott National Historic Site Boundary Modification Act
- S. 167: National Memorial to Fallen Educators Act
- S. 63: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2017
- S.Res. 5: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate in support of Israel.
- S. 18: Fair Tax Act of 2017
- S. 12: Increasing the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability to Veterans Act of 2017
- S. 3330 (114th): Accountability to Safeguard Veterans from Violent Crimes Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Feb 2017, Moran missed 112 of 1,717 roll call votes, which is 6.5%. This is much worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: