2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Moran »
Our unique analysis of the bills Moran has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Moran is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jerry Moran sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Some of Moran’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 564: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to include licensed hearing ...
- S. 563: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to establish the Physician ...
- S. 448: Veterans TRICARE Choice Act
- S. 423: Privacy Notice Modernization Act of 2015
- S. 398: Chiropractic Care Available to All Veterans Act of 2015
- S. 290: Increasing the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability to Veterans Act of 2015
- S. 257: Protecting Access to Rural Therapy Services (PARTS) Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Feb 2015, Moran missed 97 of 1,206 roll call votes, which is 8.0%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43
Sen. Moran [R-KS]: YeaMar 2, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Cloture on the Motion to Proceed Rejected 57/42
Sen. Moran [R-KS]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 11:29 a.m.
Bill Passed 68/31
Sen. Moran [R-KS]: NayFeb 27, 2015 11:10 a.m.
Amendment Agreed to 66/33
Sen. Moran [R-KS]: NayFeb 27, 2015 10:52 a.m.