Read our 2018 Report Card for Moran.
Moran is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Moran has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jerry Moran sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chair, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chair, Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation and Space
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Moran was the primary sponsor of 24 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S.J.Res. 57: A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection relating to ...
- S. 167: National Memorial to Fallen Educators Act
- S. 2054: A bill to amend the Agricultural Credit Act of 1978 to establish a program to provide advance payments under the Emergency Conservation Program for the repair or replacement ...
- S. 1557: Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2018
- S. 3183 (114th): BOTS Act of 2016
- S. 2211 (114th): Spectrum Relocation Fund Act of 2015
- S. 1800 (114th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Moran sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (38%) Finance and Financial Sector (15%) Commerce (10%) Agriculture and Food (9%) Taxation (7%) Economics and Public Finance (7%) Native Americans (7%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Moran’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1297: Independent and Community Bank Shareholders Protection Act
- S. 819: Federal Communications Commission Reporting Modernization Act of 2019
- S. 762: Aviation Funding Stability Act of 2019
- S. 633: “Six Triple Eight” Congressional Gold Medal Act of 2019
- S. 576: Fairness for Korean DMZ Veterans Act of 2019
- S. 389: FIRST Act
- S.Res. 43: A resolution honoring the 150th anniversary of the establishment of Lindsborg, Kansas.
From Jan 2011 to May 2019, Moran missed 145 of 2,366 roll call votes, which is 6.1%. This is much worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: