Read our 2016 Report Card for Moran.
Our unique analysis of the bills Moran has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Moran is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jerry Moran sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Moran was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 3183: BOTS Act of 2016
- S. 1800: Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
- S. 564: Veterans Hearing Aid Access and Assistance Act
- S. 1434 (113th): A bill to designate the Junction City Community-Based Outpatient Clinic located at 715 Southwind Drive, Junction City, Kansas, as the Lieutenant General Richard J. Seitz Community-Based Outpatient ...
- H.R. 3103 (111th): To revise certain requirements relating to the Department of Veterans Affairs pilot program of enhanced contract care authority for health care needs of veterans in highly rural ...
- H.R. 4997 (109th): Physicians for Underserved Areas Act
- H.R. 4000 (109th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to revise certain repayment contracts with the Bostwick Irrigation District in Nebraska, the Kansas Bostwick Irrigation District No. 2, the ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Moran sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Moran’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 63: A bill to clarify the rights of Indians and Indian tribes on Indian ...
- S.Res. 5: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate in support of Israel.
- S. 18: Fair Tax Act of 2017
- S. 12: Increasing the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability to Veterans Act of 2017
- S. 3330: Accountability to Safeguard Veterans from Violent Crimes Act of 2016
- S. 3263: Modernizing Outdated and Vulnerable Equipment and Information Technology Act of 2016
- S. 3183: BOTS Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2017, Moran missed 112 of 1,672 roll call votes, which is 6.7%. This is much worse than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: