Read our 2018 Report Card for Moran.
Moran is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Moran has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Mar 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jerry Moran sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chair, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chair, Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation and Space
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Moran was the primary sponsor of 24 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S.J.Res. 57: A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection relating to ...
- S. 167: National Memorial to Fallen Educators Act
- S. 2054: A bill to amend the Agricultural Credit Act of 1978 to establish a program to provide advance payments under the Emergency Conservation Program for the repair or replacement ...
- S. 1557: Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2018
- S. 3183 (114th): BOTS Act of 2016
- S. 2211 (114th): Spectrum Relocation Fund Act of 2015
- S. 1800 (114th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Moran sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (38%) Finance and Financial Sector (14%) Commerce (11%) Agriculture and Food (9%) Taxation (8%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) Native Americans (8%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Moran’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 819: A bill to modernize the reporting requirement under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act ...
- S. 762: A bill to provide for funding from the Airport and Airway Trust Fund ...
- S. 633: ‘Six Triple Eight’ Congressional Gold Medal Act of 2019
- S. 576: Fairness for Korean DMZ Veterans Act of 2019
- S. 389: FIRST Act
- S.Res. 43: A resolution honoring the 150th anniversary of the establishment of Lindsborg, Kansas.
- S. 328: Startup Act
|Moran’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 46: Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019.
Mar 14, 2019. Joint Resolution Passed 59/41.
S.J.Res. 7: A joint resolution to direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress.
Mar 13, 2019. Joint Resolution Passed 54/46.
A recently House-passed bill, which seems likely to pass in the Senate, could mark President Trump's first veto in office. ## Context Yemen has been mired in a civil war since March 2015, between the internationally-recognized government and an Islamic armed rebel group called the ...
H.J.Res. 31: Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019
Feb 14, 2019. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
This bill, in its final form, funded the parts of the federal government whose funding was to lapse on February 15, 2019. On December 22, 2018 the 115th Congress was unable to reach a deal to fund some federal agencies through fiscal year 2019 after ...
S.J.Res. 54: A joint resolution to direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress.
Dec 13, 2018. Joint Resolution Passed 56/41.
H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018; Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018, the SUSTAIN Care Act of 2018; Family First Prevention Services Act.; Honoring Hometown ...
Feb 9, 2018. Motion Agreed to 71/28.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of funding for the federal government through March 23, 2018, to avert a government shutdown that would have occurred on February 9, 2018 had this bill not been enacted. The bill was introduced as the Honoring Hometown Heroes ...
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Mar 30, 2017. Joint Resolution Passed 51/50.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2011 to Mar 2019, Moran missed 142 of 2,293 roll call votes, which is 6.2%. This is much worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: