Our unique analysis of the bills Moran has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Moran is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Moran for more statistics.
Jerry Moran sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Moran sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Moran’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3263: A bill to promote innovation and realize the efficiency gains and economic benefits ...
- S. 3183: BOTS Act of 2016
- S. 2956: Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
- S.Res. 470: A resolution recognizing the 100th anniversary of the Portland Cement Association, the national ...
- S. 2780: Protections Against Terrorist Transfer Act of 2016
- S. 2774: Agriculture Students Encourage, Acknowledge, Reward, Nurture Act
- S. 2663: Reforming CFPB Indirect Auto Financing Guidance Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Moran missed 109 of 1,616 roll call votes, which is 6.7%. This is much worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: