Read our 2019 Report Card for García.
García is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills García has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 24, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Jesús García sits on the following committees:
García sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of García’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8664: PPE for Safe Schools Act
- H.R. 7633: Lead Abatement for Families Act of 2020
- H.R. 7402: Protecting Renters from Eviction and Fees Act of 2020
- H.R. 7074: Promoting Equitable Transit-Oriented Development and Mobility Corridors Act
- H.R. 6637: Health Equity and Accountability Act of 2020
- H.R. 6581: Robust International Response to Pandemic Act
- H.R. 6501: Systemic Risk Mitigation Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to Nov 2020, García missed 7 of 928 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: