García is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills García has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 16, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Jesús García sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security, International Development, and Monetary Policy
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
García sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (100%)
Some of García’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3781: Improving National Safety by Updating the Required Amount of Insurance Needed by Commercial ...
- H.R. 3355: Reward Work Act
- H.R. 2324: Protections in Consumer Lending Act
- H.R. 1690: Carbon Monoxide Alarms Leading Every Resident To Safety Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Sep 2019, García missed 2 of 531 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: