Read our 2019 Report Card for García.
García is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills García has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Feb 14, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Jesús García sits on the following committees:
García sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (100%)
Some of García’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5383: New Way Forward Act
- H.R. 5350: Diversify Act
- H.R. 5318: Bank Merger Review Modernization Act of 2019
- H.R. 5180: Protecting Consumers from Market Manipulation Act
- H.R. 5050: Veterans and Consumers Fair Credit Act
- H.R. 4813: Keep Big Tech Out Of Finance Act
- H.R. 3781: Improving National Safety by Updating the Required Amount of Insurance Needed by Commercial ...
From Jan 2019 to Feb 2020, García missed 3 of 771 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: