Read our 2020 Report Card for García.
García is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills García has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Apr 8, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jesús “Chuy” García sits on the following committees:
García sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of García’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 35: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 2215: To amend the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 to treat the lease ...
- H.R. 986: Robust International Response to Pandemic Act
- H.R. 536: New Way Forward Act
- H.R. 9006 (116th): Inclusive Clinical Trials Act
- H.R. 9004 (116th): Removing Barriers to SNAP Act
- H.R. 9007 (116th): Inclusive Diabetes Research and Education Act
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2021, García missed 7 of 1,051 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: