Jim Banks sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Banks sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Banks’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2522: Eliminate EPA Excess Act of 2017
- H.R. 1990: To amend title 23, United States Code, to allow food concessions at State-owned ...
- H.R. 1921: Head Start Improvement Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 89: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and the Islamic ...
- H.R. 1390: To amend title 38, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of Veterans ...
- H.R. 1391: Veterans Success on Campus Act of 2017
- H.R. 1331: Veterans Success on Campus Act of 2017
|Banks’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
H.R. 863: To facilitate the addition of park administration at the Coltsville National Historical Park, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2017. Passed 369/42.
From Jan 2017 to May 2017, Banks missed 1 of 285 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: