Our unique analysis of the bills Bridenstine has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bridenstine is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Bridenstine for more statistics.
Jim Bridenstine sits on the following committees:
Bridenstine sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bridenstine’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4945: American Space Renaissance Act
- H.R. 4328: Read the Bill Act
- H.R. 3245: GRACE Act
- H.R. 2261: Commercial Remote Sensing Act of 2015
- H.R. 1864: To direct the Secretary of Defense to designate a single senior official of ...
- H.R. 1487: American Energy Renaissance Act of 2015
- H.Res. 105: Calling for the protection of religious minority rights and freedoms worldwide.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Bridenstine missed 36 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: