Bridenstine was the representative for Oklahoma’s 1st congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2013 to 2018.
Alleged misconduct & resolution
In 2015 Bridenstine was investigated for travel funded or organized by one or more entities prohibited from providing congressional travel. The House Committee on Ethics concluded implicated House members did not intentionally accept gifts from prohibited entities.
|May. 8, 2015||House Office of Congressional Ethics recommended that the Committee on Ethics further review the allegation|
|Jul. 31, 2015||House Committee on Ethics concluded implicated House members did not intentionally accept gifts from prohibited entities|
Read our 2017 Report Card for Bridenstine.
Bridenstine is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bridenstine sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bridenstine sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bridenstine’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 4: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States granting Congress the ...
- H.R. 4945 (114th): American Space Renaissance Act
- H.R. 4328 (114th): Read the Bill Act
- H.R. 3245 (114th): GRACE Act
- H.R. 2261 (114th): Commercial Remote Sensing Act of 2015
- H.R. 1864 (114th): To direct the Secretary of Defense to designate a single senior official ...
- H.R. 1487 (114th): American Energy Renaissance Act of 2015
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2018, Bridenstine missed 367 of 3,386 roll call votes, which is 10.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Apr 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: