Rep. Jim Costa
Representative from California’s 16th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||California's 16th District|
|Representative||California's 20th District|
2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Costa »
Our unique analysis of the bills Costa has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Costa is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jim Costa sits on the following committees:
Some of Costa’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 61: Supporting the goals and ideals of a National Stalking Awareness Month.
- H.Res. 551: Supporting the mission and goals of 2014 National Crime Victims’ Rights Week, which ...
- H.R. 4125: Shasta Dam Expansion Act of 2014
- H.R. 4127: Upper San Joaquin River Storage Act of 2014
- H.R. 4126: San Luis Reservoir Expansion Act of 2014
- H.R. 4039: California Emergency Drought Relief Act of 2014
- H.R. 3809: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to treat certain population census ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Apr 2015, Costa missed 381 of 7,708 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Costa [D-CA16]: YeaApr 16, 2015 12:01 p.m.
Rep. Costa [D-CA16]: NayApr 16, 2015 11:54 a.m.
Rep. Costa [D-CA16]: YeaApr 16, 2015 11:45 a.m.
Rep. Costa [D-CA16]: YeaApr 15, 2015 5:23 p.m.