Our unique analysis of the bills DeMint sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). DeMint is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
DeMint sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (17%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Finance and Financial Sector (15%) Taxation (14%) Health (11%) International Affairs (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Labor and Employment (9%)
Some of DeMint’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3612 (112th): Commemorative Coins Reform Act of 2012
- S. 3551 (112th): A bill to require investigations into and a report on the September ...
- S. 3519 (112th): Pay for Printing Act
- S.J.Res. 42 (112th): A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United ...
- S. 2191 (112th): A bill to amend the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 to ...
- S. 2186 (112th): A bill to amend the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 to ...
- S. 2173 (112th): National Right-to-Work Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Jan 2013, DeMint missed 110 of 2,484 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: