Read our 2014 Report Card for Matheson.
Our unique analysis of the bills Matheson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Matheson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Matheson was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 818 (112th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to allow for prepayment of repayment contracts between the United States and the Uintah Water Conservancy District.
- H.R. 1442 (111th): To provide for the sale of the Federal Government’s reversionary interest in approximately 60 acres of land in Salt Lake City, Utah, originally conveyed to the Mount ...
- H.R. 1275 (111th): Utah Recreational Land Exchange Act of 2009
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Matheson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Matheson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5823 (113th): Incentivizing Healthcare Quality Outcomes Act of 2014
- H.R. 4290 (113th): Wakefield Act of 2014
- H.R. 4023 (113th): Fairness to Pet Owners Act of 2014
- H.R. 3245 (113th): Medicare Home Health Fraud Reduction Act
- H.R. 2948 (113th): Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2013
- H.R. 2862 (113th): Freedom to Invest Act of 2013
- H.R. 2808 (113th): Wasatch Wilderness and Watershed Protection Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Matheson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 5021 (113th): Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
Jul 15, 2014. Passed 367/55.
H.J.Res. 117 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013
Sep 13, 2012. Passed 329/91.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 4628 (112th): Interest Rate Reduction Act
Apr 27, 2012. Passed 215/195.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2014, Matheson missed 95 of 9,772 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 14 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: