Our unique analysis of the bills Matheson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Matheson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2014 Report Card for Matheson for more statistics.
Matheson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Matheson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5823 (113th): Incentivizing Healthcare Quality Outcomes Act of 2014
- H.R. 4290 (113th): Wakefield Act of 2014
- H.R. 4023 (113th): Fairness to Pet Owners Act of 2014
- H.R. 3245 (113th): Medicare Home Health Fraud Reduction Act
- H.R. 2948 (113th): Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2013
- H.R. 2862 (113th): Freedom to Invest Act of 2013
- H.R. 2808 (113th): Wasatch Wilderness and Watershed Protection Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2014, Matheson missed 95 of 9,772 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 14 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: