Read our 2014 Report Card for Matheson.
Matheson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Matheson sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Matheson was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 818 (112th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to allow for prepayment of repayment contracts between the United States and the Uintah Water Conservancy District.
- H.R. 1442 (111th): To provide for the sale of the Federal Government’s reversionary interest in approximately 60 acres of land in Salt Lake City, Utah, originally conveyed to the Mount ...
- H.R. 1275 (111th): Utah Recreational Land Exchange Act of 2009
- H.R. 337 (111th): To provide for the sale of approximately 25 acres of public land to the Turnabout Ranch, Escalante, Utah, at fair market value.
- H.R. 338 (111th): Boy Scouts of America Land Transfer Act of 2009
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Matheson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Matheson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5823 (113th): Incentivizing Healthcare Quality Outcomes Act of 2014
- H.R. 4290 (113th): Wakefield Act of 2014
- H.R. 4023 (113th): Fairness to Pet Owners Act of 2014
- H.R. 3245 (113th): Medicare Home Health Fraud Reduction Act
- H.R. 2948 (113th): Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2013
- H.R. 2862 (113th): Freedom to Invest Act of 2013
- H.R. 2808 (113th): Wasatch Wilderness and Watershed Protection Act
|Matheson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 5021 (113th): Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
Jul 15, 2014. Passed 367/55.
H.J.Res. 117 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013
Sep 13, 2012. Passed 329/91.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2918 (111th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2010
Jun 19, 2009. Passed 232/178.
H.R. 7321 (110th): Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act
Dec 10, 2008. Passed 237/170.
H.R. 6707 (110th): Taking Responsible Action for Community Safety Act
Sep 27, 2008. Failed 243/175.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2014, Matheson missed 95 of 9,772 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: