Read our 2018 Report Card for Gomez.
Gomez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Gomez has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 13, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jimmy Gomez sits on the following committees:
Gomez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gomez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4297: Enhance Access To SNAP Act of 2019
- H.R. 4273: Transit to Trails Act of 2019
- H.R. 3421: Fair Choices for Medicare Beneficiaries Act of 2019
- H.R. 3340: Tribal Healthcare Careers Act
- H.R. 3129: Jeanette Acosta Invest in Women’s Health Act of 2019
- H.R. 3039: To provide for a 5-year extension of funding outreach and assistance for low-income ...
- H.Res. 404: Commending Korean and Korean-American Vietnam War veterans for their service to the United ...
From Jul 2017 to Sep 2019, Gomez missed 28 of 1,395 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: