Read our 2018 Report Card for Panetta.
Panetta is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Panetta has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Aug 13, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jimmy Panetta sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on the Budget
House Committee on Ways and Means
- Member, Subcommittee on Trade
Panetta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Panetta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4185: To direct the Comptroller General of the United States to submit to Congress ...
- H.R. 4051: Climate Action Rebate Act of 2019
- H.R. 3749: Legal Services for Homeless Veterans Act
- H.R. 3748: Providing Justice for Asylum Seekers Act of 2019
- H.R. 3185: Defense Language Improvement Act
- H.R. 3161: National Oceanographic Partnership Program Reauthorization Act
- H.Res. 414: Honoring the life, contributions, and achievements of Doris Day as a singer, actress, ...
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2019, Panetta missed 3 of 1,724 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: