Read our 2018 Report Card for Panetta.
Panetta is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Panetta has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 9, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jimmy Panetta sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on the Budget
House Committee on Ways and Means
- Member, Subcommittee on Trade
Panetta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (24%) Taxation (17%) International Affairs (17%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Immigration (10%) Health (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%)
Some of Panetta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5303: To establish a moratorium on oil and gas leasing on public land on ...
- H.R. 5259: Preserving Family Farms Act of 2019
- H.R. 5163: Green Bus Tax Credit Act of 2019
- H.R. 5149: Open Skies Treaty Stability Act
- H.R. 5102: Coastal Resilience Research and Education Act
- H.R. 5074: Veterans Earned Transportation Act
- H.R. 5020: To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to seek to enter into an ...
From Jan 2017 to Dec 2019, Panetta missed 4 of 1,877 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: