Read our 2018 Report Card for Panetta.
Panetta is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Panetta has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jimmy Panetta sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on the Budget
House Committee on Ways and Means
- Member, Subcommittee on Trade
Panetta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Panetta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2811: To improve oversight of privatized military housing provided by the Department of Defense ...
- H.R. 2040: Clean Energy Production Parity Act of 2019
- H.R. 1869: Restoring Investment in Improvements Act
- H.Res. 214: Supporting the goals to protect United States military personnel from malaria.
- H.R. 1622: KITTEN Act of 2019
- H.R. 1019: Full Military Honors Act of 2019
- H.R. 676: NATO Support Act
From Jan 2017 to May 2019, Panetta missed 3 of 1,441 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: