Read our 2019 Report Card for Panetta.
Panetta is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Panetta has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Mar 27, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jimmy Panetta sits on the following committees:
Panetta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (26%) International Affairs (20%) Taxation (14%) Immigration (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Health (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Some of Panetta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6415: To build on America’s spirit of service to nurture, promote, and expand a ...
- H.R. 6280: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the differential wage ...
- H.R. 6257: To modify rules relating to 403(b) plans.
- H.R. 6089: U.S.-Africa Strategic Security Act
- H.R. 5949: National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Data Integrity Act of 2020
- H.R. 5920: MONARCH Act of 2020
- H.R. 5821: HOSPICE Act
From Jan 2017 to Mar 2020, Panetta missed 4 of 2,013 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: