Our unique analysis of the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (27%) Health (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Environmental Protection (10%) Law (10%) Commerce (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 222 (110th): Commending NASA Langley Research Center in Virginia on the celebration of its ...
- H.R. 2565 (110th): Working Waterfront Preservation Act of 2007
- H.Con.Res. 117 (110th): Commemorating the 400th Anniversary of the settlement of Jamestown.
- H.R. 517 (110th): Independence from Oil with Agriculture Act of 2007
- H.R. 516 (110th): Federal Agency Data Privacy Protection Act
- H.R. 375 (110th): National Naval Force Structure Policy Act
- H.R. 274 (110th): Solid Waste Interstate Transportation Act of 2007
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Oct 2007, Davis missed 960 of 4,379 roll call votes, which is 21.9%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 2007. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: