Our unique analysis of the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Davis was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 105 (110th): Northern Neck National Heritage Area Study Act
- H.R. 5466 (109th): Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail Designation Act
- H.R. 4326 (109th): To authorize the Secretary of the Navy to enter into a contract for the nuclear refueling and complex overhaul of the U.S.S. Carl Vinson (CVN-70).
- H.R. 1914 (108th): Jamestown 400th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act of 2004
- H.R. 4844 (108th): Federal Employee Dental and Vision Benefits Enhancement Act of 2004
- H.R. 2751 (108th): GAO Human Capital Reform Act of 2004
- H.R. 978 (108th): To amend chapter 84 of title 5, United States Code, to provide that certain Federal annuity computations are adjusted by 1 percentage point relating to periods of ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (27%) Health (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Law (10%) Environmental Protection (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Commerce (8%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 222 (110th): Commending NASA Langley Research Center in Virginia on the celebration of its ...
- H.R. 2565 (110th): Working Waterfront Preservation Act of 2007
- H.Con.Res. 117 (110th): Commemorating the 400th Anniversary of the settlement of Jamestown.
- H.R. 517 (110th): Independence from Oil with Agriculture Act of 2007
- H.R. 516 (110th): Federal Agency Data Privacy Protection Act
- H.R. 375 (110th): National Naval Force Structure Policy Act
- H.R. 274 (110th): Solid Waste Interstate Transportation Act of 2007
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3087 (110th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to submit to Congress reports on the status of ...
Oct 2, 2007. Passed 377/46.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 1252 (110th): Federal Price Gouging Prevention Act
May 23, 2007. Passed 284/141.
H.R. 1361 (110th): RECOVER Act
Apr 18, 2007. Passed 267/158.
H.R. 4 (110th): Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act of 2007
Jan 12, 2007. Passed 255/170.
From Jan 2001 to Oct 2007, Davis missed 960 of 4,379 roll call votes, which is 21.9%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 2007. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: