Our unique analysis of the bills Emerson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Emerson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Emerson was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2434 (112th): Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2012
- H.R. 342 (110th): To designate the United States courthouse located at 555 Independence Street in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, as the “Rush Hudson Limbaugh, Sr. United States Courthouse”.
- H.R. 5401 (109th): Lewis and Clark Commemorative Coin Correction Act
- H.R. 4037 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 475 Kell Farm Drive in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, as the “Richard G. Wilson Processing and ...
- H.R. 2474 (108th): To authorize the Congressional Hunger Center to award Bill Emerson and Mickey Leland Hunger Fellowships for fiscal years 2003 and 2004.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Emerson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Emerson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 19 (113th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States giving Congress ...
- H.R. 314 (113th): Inspector General Improvement Act of 2013
- H.J.Res. 18 (113th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution to provide for a balanced budget ...
- H.R. 315 (113th): Synthetic Cathinones Control Act of 2013
- H.R. 313 (113th): Government Spending Accountability Act of 2013
- H.R. 6723 (112th): Inspector General Improvement Act of 2012
- H.R. 6312 (112th): Synthetic Cathinones Control Act of 2012
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Emerson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 117 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013
Sep 13, 2012. Passed 329/91.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 3521 (112th): Expedited Legislative Line-Item Veto and Rescissions Act of 2012
Feb 8, 2012. Passed 254/173.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1997 to Jan 2013, Emerson missed 370 of 10,994 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 39 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: