Rep. Jo Bonner
Former Representative for Alabama’s 1st District
Bonner was the representative for Alabama’s 1st congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2003 to 2013.
Bonner is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bonner sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Bonner sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Bonner recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 1219 (113th): Gulf Fisheries Fairness Act
- H.R. 1001 (113th): To amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to provide a …
- H.R. 6579 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to deny any deduction …
- H.Res. 755 (112th): In the matter of Representative Laura Richardson.
- H.R. 5662 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on 2,4-Bis(2-hydroxy-4-butyloxyphenyl)-6-(2,4-bis-butyloxypheny l)-1,3,5-triazine.
- H.R. 5655 (112th): To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on 1-Propanone, 2-hydroxy-2-methyl-1-phenyl-.
- H.R. 5673 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on Reactive Blue 235.
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2003 to Aug 2013, Bonner missed 378 of 8,019 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Aug 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
|2013 Jan-Jan 112th Congress||5||0||0.0%||0th|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: