2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Castro »
Our unique analysis of the bills Castro has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Castro is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Joaquin Castro sits on the following committees:
Some of Castro’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 831: Supporting Afterschool STEM Act
- H.R. 5568: B-On-Time Student Loan Relief Act of 2014
- H.R. 5217: Supporting Afterschool STEM Act
- H.R. 4965: Pre-K for USA Act
- H.R. 4905: Global Development Lab Act of 2014
- H.R. 4723: Opportunity for Military Academies and Readiness Act
- H.R. 4469: Cut Taxes for the Middle Class Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Feb 2015, Castro missed 39 of 1,294 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Castro [D-TX20]: NayFeb 26, 2015 3:02 p.m.
Rep. Castro [D-TX20]: NayFeb 26, 2015 1:20 p.m.
Rep. Castro [D-TX20]: AyeFeb 25, 2015 3:52 p.m.