Read our 2017 Report Card for Arrington.
Arrington is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Arrington has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jodey Arrington sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on the Budget
Arrington was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3562: To amend title 38, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to furnish assistance for adaptations of residences of veterans in rehabilitation programs under chapter ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Arrington sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Arrington’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7205: No Budget No Recess Act
- H.Res. 1010: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States Air ...
- H.J.Res. 134: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit the ...
- H.R. 5649: Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer William “Bill” Mulder (Ret.) Transition Improvement Act of ...
- H.R. 4178: HEART Act
- H.R. 3561: To amend title 38, United States Code, to permit appraisers approved by the ...
- H.R. 3562: To amend title 38, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of Veterans ...
|Arrington’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6157: Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act, 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019
Sep 26, 2018. Passed 361/61.
H.R. 6157 provides $674.6 billion in total discretionary budget authority for the Department of Defense for fiscal year (FY) 2019. The bill provides $606.5 billion for the Department of Defense base budget, which is an increase of $17.1 billion above FY18 levels, and $68.1 billion ...
H.R. 2824: Increasing Opportunity through Evidence-Based Home Visiting Act
Sep 26, 2017. Passed 214/209.
H.R. 2824 reauthorizes the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Program through Fiscal Year 2022. Specifically, this bill renews an expired requirement that grantees of the program demonstrate improvement in specified benchmark areas three years after program implementation (such as reducing child abuse ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Feb 16, 2017. Passed 230/188.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
From Jan 2017 to Dec 2018, Arrington missed 13 of 1,144 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: