Read our 2018 Report Card for Hice.
Hice is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hice has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jody Hice sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Reform
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Hice was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hice sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (29%) Government Operations and Politics (24%) Crime and Law Enforcement (15%) Immigration (12%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%) Transportation and Public Works (6%)
Some of Hice’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2612: Federal Employee Disclosure (FED) Transparency Act
- H.R. 1496: Presidential Allowance Modernization Act of 2019
- H.Res. 132: Providing for the consideration of the resolution (H. Res. 109) recognizing the duty ...
- H.R. 891: Nuclear Family Priority Act
- H.R. 606: Fairness in Firearm Testing Act
- H.R. 605: Official Time Reporting Act
- H.Res. 50: Memorializing the unborn by lowering the United States flag to half-staff on the ...
From Jan 2015 to May 2019, Hice missed 35 of 2,756 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: