Our unique analysis of the bills Hice has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hice is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hice for more statistics.
Jody Hice sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Hice sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hice’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5687: GAO Mandates Revision Act of 2016
- H.R. 5457: To redesignate Gravelly Point Park, located along the George Washington Memorial Parkway in ...
- H.R. 5047: Protecting Veterans’ Educational Choice Act of 2016
- H.R. 3844: Bureau of Land Management Foundation Act
- H.R. 3138: Military Recruiter Right to Carry Act of 2015
- H.R. 2793: TRAC Act of 2015
- H.R. 2753: Fairness in Firearm Testing Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Hice missed 15 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: