Baca is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Baca sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Baca was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1243 (111th): To provide for the award of a gold medal on behalf of Congress to Arnold Palmer in recognition of his service to the Nation in promoting excellence ...
- H.J.Res. 40 (111th): Native American Heritage Day Act of 2009
- H.J.Res. 20 (111th): Native American Heritage Day Act of 2009
- H.J.Res. 62 (110th): Native American Heritage Day Act of 2008
- H.R. 6981 (110th): To make technical corrections to section 4406 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008.
- H.R. 3569 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 16731 Santa Ana Avenue in Fontana, California, as the “Beatrice E. Watson Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3585 (110th): Native American Heritage Day Act of 2007
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Baca sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (22%) Housing and Community Development (15%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Health (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Agriculture and Food (9%) Labor and Employment (8%)
Some of Baca’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6395 (112th): Foreclosure Accountability and Transparency Act
- H.R. 6366 (112th): Flexible Refinancing for American Families Act of 2012
- H.R. 6295 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to encourage the building ...
- H.R. 6143 (112th): To provide for supplemental appropriations for obesity programs of the Centers for ...
- H.R. 5832 (112th): Transfer Control of Ontario Airport Now Act
- H.R. 5790 (112th): To provide for the transfer of the United States Postal Service surplus ...
- H.Res. 652 (112th): Recognizing the need to pursue research into the causes, a treatment, and ...
From Nov 1999 to Jan 2013, Baca missed 348 of 9,178 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: