Our unique analysis of the bills Baca sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Baca is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Baca sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (22%) Housing and Community Development (15%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Health (10%) Agriculture and Food (9%) Labor and Employment (8%)
Some of Baca’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6395 (112th): Foreclosure Accountability and Transparency Act
- H.R. 6366 (112th): Flexible Refinancing for American Families Act of 2012
- H.R. 6295 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to encourage the building ...
- H.R. 6143 (112th): To provide for supplemental appropriations for obesity programs of the Centers for ...
- H.R. 5832 (112th): Transfer Control of Ontario Airport Now Act
- H.R. 5790 (112th): To provide for the transfer of the United States Postal Service surplus ...
- H.Res. 652 (112th): Recognizing the need to pursue research into the causes, a treatment, and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 1999 to Jan 2013, Baca missed 348 of 9,178 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 19 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: