Our unique analysis of the bills Courtney has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Courtney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Courtney for more statistics.
Joe Courtney sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Courtney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Courtney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5988: Remedies for Refusal of Repatriation Act
- H.Res. 631: Calling upon the United States Senate to give its advice and consent to ...
- H.R. 4447: Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act
- H.Res. 493: Recognizing Connecticut’s Submarine Century, the 100th anniversary of the establishment of Naval Submarine ...
- H.R. 2090: Protecting America’s Workers Act
- H.R. 2050: Middle Class Health Benefits Tax Repeal Act of 2015
- H.R. 1683: United States Coast Guard Commemorative Coin Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Sep 2016, Courtney missed 95 of 7,602 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 33 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: