Cunningham is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cunningham has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Joe Cunningham sits on the following committees:
Cunningham sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cunningham’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5226: Funding Deadline Enforcement Act
- H.R. 4828: Sport Fish Restoration and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2019
- H.R. 4771: VA Tele-Hearing Modernization Act
- H.R. 4679: Climate-Ready Fisheries Act of 2019
- H.R. 3673: Promoting Responsible and Free Trade Act of 2019
- H.R. 3648: Defense Access Road Enhancement Act
- H.R. 3387: To create a pilot program for the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program ...
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2019, Cunningham missed 12 of 654 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: