Read our 2016 Report Card for Donnelly.
Our unique analysis of the bills Donnelly has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Donnelly is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Joe Donnelly sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Donnelly sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (30%) Finance and Financial Sector (13%) Education (13%) Housing and Community Development (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Labor and Employment (9%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Health (9%)
Some of Donnelly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 599: Indiana Dunes National Park Designation Act
- S. 416: Small Business Capital Formation Enhancement Act
- S.Res. 47: A resolution supporting the contributions of Catholic schools.
- S. 234: End Outsourcing Act
- S. 3515 (114th): Investing in Neighborhood-focused, Vital, Evidence-based Strategies and Trust to Prevent Crime Act ...
- S. 3258 (114th): Protecting Veterans Credit Act of 2016
- S. 2187 (114th): FDA Regulatory Efficiency Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Donnelly’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 4628 (112th): Interest Rate Reduction Act
Apr 27, 2012. Passed 215/195.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2013 to Mar 2017, Donnelly missed 10 of 1,255 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 1.3% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: