Garcia was the representative for Florida’s 26th congressional district as a Democrat. He served from 2013 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Garcia.
Garcia is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Garcia sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Garcia was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2678 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10360 Southwest 186th Street in Miami, Florida, as the “Larcenia J. Bullard Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Garcia sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Garcia’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5596 (113th): Fairness in Student Loan Repayment Act
- H.R. 5219 (113th): English Learning and Innovation Act
- H.R. 4828 (113th): I-STEM Act
- H.R. 4613 (113th): Empowering Encore Entrepreneurs Act of 2014
- H.R. 4598 (113th): Top Tech for USA Act of 2014
- H.R. 3924 (113th): Helping Owners Mitigate Effectively Act of 2014
- H.R. 3451 (113th): Veterans Conservation Corps Act of 2013
|Garcia’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3393 (113th): Student and Family Tax Simplification Act
Jul 24, 2014. Passed 227/187.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2014, Garcia missed 42 of 1,204 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: