New: 2013 Report CardRead our new 2013 Report Card for Manchin »
Manchin is a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship. Manchin’s bills have had a total of 138 cosponsors in the 113th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Manchin to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Joe Manchin III sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Some of Manchin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1986: Streamlining Services for Older Veterans Act
- S. 1961: Chemical Safety and Drinking Water Protection Act of 2014
- S. 1941: A bill to establish requirements for the adoption of any new or revised ...
- S. 1923: Small Business Mergers, Acquisitions, Sales, and Brokerage Simplification Act of 2014
- S. 1912: A bill to clarify that certain banking entities are not required to divest ...
- S. 1905: Electricity Security and Affordability Act
- S. 1835: Jobs Score Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2010 to Mar 2014, Manchin missed 13 of 888 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Agreed to 62/34
Sen. Manchin [D-WV]: YeaMar 10, 2014 5:33 p.m.
Cloture Motion Agreed to 100/0
Sen. Manchin [D-WV]: YeaMar 06, 2014 2:29 p.m.
Cloture Motion Rejected 55/45
Sen. Manchin [D-WV]: NayMar 06, 2014 2:01 p.m.
Nomination Confirmed 58/42
Sen. Manchin [D-WV]: YeaMar 06, 2014 11:20 a.m.