2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Manchin »
Our unique analysis of the bills Manchin has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Manchin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Joe Manchin III sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Manchin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (23%) Environmental Protection (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Social Welfare (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%)
Some of Manchin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2977: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to establish an ...
- S. 2866: Jessie’s Law
- S. 2543: A bill to direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to amend ...
- S. 2227: Private Spectrum Relocation Funding Act of 2015
- S. 1714: Miners Protection Act of 2015
- S. 1431: Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act of 2015
- S. 1306: Energy Independence Investment Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2010 to May 2016, Manchin missed 26 of 1,618 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: