Neguse is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Neguse has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 13, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Joe Neguse sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis
Neguse was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Neguse sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Neguse’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4157: Fairness in Social Security Act of 2019
- H.R. 4134: Sustainable Agriculture Research Act
- H.R. 4133: Study on Improving Lands Act
- H.R. 3784: Air Ambulance Affordability Act of 2019
- H.R. 3747: On or Under Act
- H.R. 3478: Affordable Housing Opportunities for Utilization, Sustainment, and Expansion Act of 2019
- H.R. 3479: Save Affordable Housing Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Sep 2019, Neguse missed 1 of 530 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: