Read our 2019 Report Card for Neguse.
Neguse is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Neguse has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 2, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Joe Neguse sits on the following committees:
Neguse was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3237: Platte River Recovery Implementation Program Extension Act
- H.R. 3048: To extend the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act of 2000.
- H.R. 475: Arapaho National Forest Boundary Adjustment Act of 2019
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Neguse sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (29%) Taxation (19%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Education (10%) Health (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%) Emergency Management (6%) Private Legislation (6%)
Some of Neguse’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7264: To make supplemental appropriations for the Departments of Agriculture, the Interior, Homeland Security, ...
- H.R. 7036: Antitrust Criminal Penalty Enhancement and Reform Permanent Extension Act
- H.R. 6777: Secure Our Elections Act
- H.R. 6722: Food for Families in Crisis Act of 2020
- H.R. 6641: To establish the Commission on the Strategic National Stockpile, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6546: Wildfire and Community Health Response Act of 2020
- H.R. 6483: CARE Act for Those Without Homes
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2020, Neguse missed 1 of 839 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: