Read our 2020 Report Card for Neguse.
Neguse is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Neguse has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Oct 26, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Joe Neguse sits on the following committees:
Neguse was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5459 (116th): Rocky Mountain National Park Ownership Correction Act
- H.R. 5458 (116th): Rocky Mountain National Park Boundary Modification Act
- H.R. 473 (116th): To authorize the Every Word We Utter Monument to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia and its environs, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 8226 (116th): Criminal Antitrust Anti-Retaliation Act of 2019
- H.R. 7882 (116th): Antitrust Criminal Penalty Enhancement and Reform Permanent Extension Act
- H.R. 7036 (116th): Antitrust Criminal Penalty Enhancement and Reform Permanent Extension Act
- H.R. 3237 (116th): Platte River Recovery Implementation Program Extension Act
Does 9 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Neguse sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (27%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Taxation (15%) Environmental Protection (10%) Commerce (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Education (7%) Emergency Management (7%)
Some of Neguse’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5631: Tim Hart Wildland Firefighter Classification and Pay Parity Act
- H.R. 5530: Preventing Youth Substance Abuse Act of 2021
- H.R. 5299: To amend title 37, United States Code, to authorize travel and transportation allowances …
- H.Res. 651: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives related to the Department of …
- H.Res. 652: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives related to the evacuation of …
- H.R. 5282: Care for our Firefighters Act
- H.R. 5281: Securing Technology Against Climate Impacts Act
From Jan 2019 to Oct 2021, Neguse missed 4 of 1,291 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: