Our unique analysis of the bills Wilson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wilson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Wilson for more statistics.
Joe Wilson sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Wilson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Wilson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 920: Calling for revisions to the existing rules of engagement under Operation Resolute Support ...
- H.R. 6123: To congressionally designate the museum to preserve the stories, knowledge, and history of ...
- H.R. 6068: To prohibit funding for the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization ...
- H.Res. 806: Expressing condolences for the killing of the British Member of Parliament (MP) Jo ...
- H.R. 4022: National Labor Relations Board Reform Act
- H.R. 3994: SPY Car Study Act of 2015
- H.Con.Res. 78: Expressing the sense of Congress that the President in consultation with the Department ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Wilson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5055: Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
May 26, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 597: Reform Exports and Expand the American Economy Act
Oct 27, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Dec 2001 to Sep 2016, Wilson missed 208 of 10,546 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 85 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: