Our unique analysis of the bills Ashcroft sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ashcroft is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ashcroft sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (25%) Law (16%) Commerce (11%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) International Affairs (10%) Social Welfare (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%)
Some of Ashcroft’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3264 (106th): Records Access Improvements Act of 2000
- S. 3263 (106th): Children’s Classroom Trust Fund Act
- S. 3159 (106th): A bill to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to ...
- S. 3101 (106th): Reservists Tax Relief Act of 2000
- S. 3102 (106th): Putting Parents First Act
- S. 3066 (106th): Senior Care Safety Act of 2000
- S. 3061 (106th): International Consumer Safety Information Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2000, Ashcroft missed 31 of 2,203 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: