Ashcroft was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Ashcroft’s time serving in the Senate. Ashcroft’s bills had a total of 361 cosponsors in the 106th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Ashcroft to other members of the Senate in the 106th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Ashcroft’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3264 (106th): Records Access Improvements Act of 2000
- S. 3263 (106th): Children’s Classroom Trust Fund Act
- S. 3159 (106th): A bill to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to ...
- S. 3101 (106th): Reservists Tax Relief Act of 2000
- S. 3102 (106th): Putting Parents First Act
- S. 3066 (106th): Senior Care Safety Act of 2000
- S. 3061 (106th): International Consumer Safety Information Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2000, Ashcroft missed 31 of 2,203 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: