Our unique analysis of the bills Ashcroft sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ashcroft is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Ashcroft’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3264 (106th): Records Access Improvements Act of 2000
- S. 3263 (106th): Children’s Classroom Trust Fund Act
- S. 3159 (106th): A bill to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to ...
- S. 3101 (106th): Reservists Tax Relief Act of 2000
- S. 3102 (106th): Putting Parents First Act
- S. 3066 (106th): Senior Care Safety Act of 2000
- S. 3061 (106th): International Consumer Safety Information Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2000, Ashcroft missed 31 of 2,203 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: