Baldacci, a Democrat, was the representative for Maine’s 2nd congressional district from 1995 to 2002.
Baldacci is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Baldacci sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Baldacci sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Commerce (17%) Health (15%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Housing and Community Development (10%) Social Welfare (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Labor and Employment (7%)
Some of Baldacci’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5112 (107th): Veterans Emergency Assistance Act
- H.R. 4994 (107th): Skills and Training Promotion Act
- H.R. 4834 (107th): Safe and Fair Enforcement and Recall for Meat and Poultry Act of ...
- H.R. 4550 (107th): Small Business and Dislocated Worker Opportunity Act of 2002
- H.R. 3768 (107th): Worker Retraining Incentive Act of 2002
- H.R. 2371 (107th): To authorize the transfer and conveyance of real property at the Naval ...
- H.R. 2150 (107th): To modify the land conveyance authority with respect to the Naval Computer ...
From Jan 1995 to Nov 2002, Baldacci missed 91 of 4,737 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is better than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: