Read our 2016 Report Card for Barrasso.
Our unique analysis of the bills Barrasso has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barrasso is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
John Barrasso sits on the following committees:
Barrasso was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- S. 2717 (114th): DRIFT Act of 2016
- S. 1934 (113th): Clifford P. Hansen Federal Courthouse Conveyance Act
- S. 306 (113th): Bureau of Reclamation Small Conduit Hydropower Development and Rural Jobs Act
- S. 703 (112th): HEARTH Act of 2011
- S. 3754 (111th): Pigford and Individual Indian Money Account Litigation Settlement Act of 2010
- S. 3290 (110th): America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008
- S. 3214 (110th): America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Barrasso sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Native Americans (22%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (17%) Water Resources Development (16%) Energy (14%) Environmental Protection (13%) Health (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (5%) Taxation (5%)
Some of Barrasso’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 378: A bill to amend titles 5 and 28, United States Code, to require ...
- S. 302: John P. Smith Act
- S.Res. 42: An original resolution authorizing expenditures by the Committee on Environment and Public Works.
- S.J.Res. 11: A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, ...
- S.Con.Res. 6: A concurrent resolution supporting the Local Radio Freedom Act.
- S. 199: A bill to authorize the use of the active capacity of the Fontenelle ...
- S. 216: Bureau of Reclamation Transparency Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Barrasso’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 16, 2014. Bill Passed 76/16.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
H.R. 3304 (113th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
Dec 19, 2013. Motion Agreed to 84/15.
H.R. 4310 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013
Dec 21, 2012. Conference Report Agreed to 81/14.
S. 3240 (112th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2012
Jun 21, 2012. Bill Passed 64/35.
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010), also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act, was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
From Jun 2007 to Feb 2017, Barrasso missed 17 of 2,844 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: