Read our 2016 Report Card for Barrasso.
Our unique analysis of the bills Barrasso has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barrasso is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
John Barrasso sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Superfund, Waste Management, and Regulatory Oversight
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa and Global Health Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on East Asia, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Barrasso was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- S. 2717 (114th): DRIFT Act of 2016
- S. 1934 (113th): Clifford P. Hansen Federal Courthouse Conveyance Act
- S. 306 (113th): Bureau of Reclamation Small Conduit Hydropower Development and Rural Jobs Act
- S. 703 (112th): HEARTH Act of 2011
- S. 3754 (111th): Pigford and Individual Indian Money Account Litigation Settlement Act of 2010
- S. 3290 (110th): America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008
- S. 3214 (110th): America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Barrasso sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Barrasso’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1250: A bill to amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to improve the ...
- S. 1230: A bill to prohibit the conditioning of any permit, lease, or other use ...
- S. 879: National Forest Ecosystem Improvement Act of 2017
- S. 826: WILD Act
- S. 677: Water Supply Permitting Coordination Act
- S. 546: American Soda Ash Competitiveness Act
- S. 512: Nuclear Energy Innovation and Modernization Act
|Barrasso’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 30, 2015. Motion Agreed to 64/35.
This vote was on the bill in its final form as the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015.
H.R. 240: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
Feb 27, 2015. Bill Passed 68/31.
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 16, 2014. Bill Passed 76/16.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
H.R. 3304 (113th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
Dec 19, 2013. Motion Agreed to 84/15.
H.R. 4310 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013
Dec 21, 2012. Conference Report Agreed to 81/14.
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010), also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act, was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
From Jun 2007 to May 2017, Barrasso missed 18 of 2,909 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: