2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Barrasso »
Our unique analysis of the bills Barrasso has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barrasso is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
John Barrasso sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa and Global Health Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
Barrasso sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (20%) Native Americans (18%) Energy (17%) Environmental Protection (14%) Water Resources Development (11%) Health (9%) Taxation (6%) Government Operations and Politics (5%)
Some of Barrasso’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2717: Dam Repairs and Improvements for Tribes Act of 2016
- S. 2580: RAISE Act of 2016
- S. 2318: A bill to reauthorize the Land and Water Conservation Fund for 10 years, ...
- S.Res. 307: A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and ...
- S. 2240: Federal Land Invasive Species Control, Prevention, and Management Act
- S. 2031: American Soda Ash Competitiveness Act
- S. 2010: Expedited Disability Insurance Payments for Terminally Ill Individuals Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jun 2007 to Apr 2016, Barrasso missed 16 of 2,674 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: