Read our 2014 Report Card for Barrow.
Our unique analysis of the bills Barrow sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barrow is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Barrow was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 663 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 12877 Broad Street in Sparta, Georgia, as the “Yvonne Ingram-Ephraim Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Barrow sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Taxation (14%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Labor and Employment (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Health (7%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Some of Barrow’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 633 (113th): Expressing the sense of the House with respect to accountability for mismanagement ...
- H.R. 4928 (113th): Readying Our Troops for Combat Act of 2014
- H.R. 4591 (113th): Workforce Investment and Job Creation Act
- H.R. 4331 (113th): To require a 50 percent reduction in the number of limousines in ...
- H.R. 4072 (113th): To prohibit the use of funds appropriated to any Federal department or ...
- H.R. 3904 (113th): To reduce the period of the availability of allowances for former Speakers ...
- H.R. 3201 (113th): Augusta Canal National Heritage Area Reauthorization Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Barrow’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2014, Barrow missed 86 of 7,555 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 54 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: