Our unique analysis of the bills Boccieri sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boccieri is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Boccieri was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4602 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1332 Sharon Copley Road in Sharon Center, Ohio, as the “Emil Bolas Post Office”.
- H.R. 4536 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1332 Sharon Copley Road in Wadsworth, Ohio, as the “Emil Bolas Post Office”.
- H.R. 1687 (111th): To designate the federally occupied building located at McKinley Avenue and Third Street, SW., Canton, Ohio, as the “Ralph Regula Federal Building and United States Courthouse”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Boccieri sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Boccieri’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5827 (111th): Protecting Gun Owners in Bankruptcy Act of 2010
- H.Con.Res. 261 (111th): Expressing the sense of Congress that the Supreme Court should uphold laws ...
- H.R. 4602 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4583 (111th): Stand By Your Ad Act of 2010
- H.R. 4536 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 3988 (111th): To amend section 313 of the Tariff Act of 1930 to specify ...
- H.R. 3953 (111th): Back to Work Tax Credit Act
|Boccieri’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.Con.Res. 293 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives and a conditional recess or adjournment of ...
Jun 30, 2010. Passed 222/186.
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Boccieri missed 26 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 24 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: