Boccieri was the representative for Ohio’s 16th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2009 to 2010.
Boccieri is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Boccieri sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Boccieri was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4602 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1332 Sharon Copley Road in Sharon Center, Ohio, as the “Emil Bolas Post Office”.
- H.R. 4536 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1332 Sharon Copley Road in Wadsworth, Ohio, as the “Emil Bolas Post Office”.
- H.R. 1687 (111th): To designate the federally occupied building located at McKinley Avenue and Third Street, SW., Canton, Ohio, as the “Ralph Regula Federal Building and United States Courthouse”.
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Boccieri sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Boccieri recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5827 (111th): Protecting Gun Owners in Bankruptcy Act of 2010
- H.Con.Res. 261 (111th): Expressing the sense of Congress that the Supreme Court should uphold laws …
- H.R. 4602 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at …
- H.R. 4583 (111th): Stand By Your Ad Act of 2010
- H.R. 4536 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at …
- H.R. 3988 (111th): To amend section 313 of the Tariff Act of 1930 to specify …
- H.R. 3953 (111th): Back to Work Tax Credit Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Boccieri missed 26 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: