2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Boozman »
Our unique analysis of the bills Boozman has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boozman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
John Boozman sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Joint Committee on Printing
Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Member, Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife
- Member, Subcommittee on Superfund, Waste Management, and Regulatory Oversight
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Boozman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (36%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Health (11%) Taxation (11%) Environmental Protection (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Boozman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2712: Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- S.Res. 343: A resolution relative to the death of Dale Bumpers, former United States Senator ...
- S. 2178: Timber Revitalization and Economic Enhancement Act of 2015
- S.Res. 261: A resolution designating the week of October 11 through October 17, 2015, as ...
- S. 2057: A bill providing for additional space for the protection and preservation of national ...
- S. 1966: Hunger Free Summer for Kids Act of 2015
- S. 1910: Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, Boozman missed 83 of 1,547 roll call votes, which is 5.4%. This is much worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 15 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: