Read our 2016 Report Card for Boozman.
Our unique analysis of the bills Boozman has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boozman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
John Boozman sits on the following committees:
Boozman was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- S. 2712 (114th): Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- S. 1707 (114th): A bill to designate the Federal building located at 617 Walnut Street in Helena, Arkansas, as the “Jacob Trieber Federal Building, United States Post Office, and United ...
- S. 1678 (114th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 201 B Street in Perryville, Arkansas, as “Harold George Bennett Post Office”.
- H.R. 4811 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 215 West Industrial Park Road in Harrison, Arkansas, as the “John Paul Hammerschmidt Post Office ...
- H.R. 4381 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2811 Springdale Avenue in Springdale, Arkansas, as the “Harvey and Bernice Jones Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4486 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1590 East Joyce Boulevard in Fayetteville, Arkansas, as the “Clarence B. Craft Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Boozman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (33%) Health (13%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Agriculture and Food (10%) Taxation (10%) Environmental Protection (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) International Affairs (8%)
Some of Boozman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 313: Children’s Consignment Event Recognition Act of 2017
- S.J.Res. 1: A joint resolution approving the location of a memorial to commemorate and honor ...
- S.J.Res. 40 (114th): A joint resolution approving the location of a memorial to commemorate and ...
- S.Res. 591 (114th): A resolution designating the week of October 9 through October 15, 2016, ...
- S.Res. 547 (114th): A resolution recognizing the 75th anniversary of the American Tree Farm System.
- S.Res. 504 (114th): A resolution recognizing the 70th anniversary of the Fulbright Program.
- S. 3067 (114th): Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2017
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Feb 2017, Boozman missed 83 of 1,717 roll call votes, which is 4.8%. This is much worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 15 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: