Our unique analysis of the bills Browder sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Browder is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Browder’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4131 (104th): Commission on Chemical and Biological Warfare Agent Exposure Act
- H.R. 4087 (104th): Dugger Mountain Wilderness Act of 1996
- H.R. 3288 (104th): To direct that funds appropriated to the Department of Defense for fiscal ...
- H.R. 3289 (104th): To grant jurisdiction to the States over new gambling activities conducted on ...
- H.Con.Res. 158 (104th): Instructing the Architect of the Capitol to recommend measures to recognize, through ...
- H.R. 2671 (104th): To provide that the President and Members of Congress shall not be ...
- H.R. 1874 (104th): To modify the boundaries of the Talladega National Forest, Alabama.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Apr 1989 to Sep 1996, Browder missed 107 of 4,272 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills