Rep. John Cooksey
Former Representative from Louisiana's 5th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Louisiana's 5th District
See Also: Bioguide
Cooksey was a moderate Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Cooksey’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Cooksey’s bills had a total of 56 cosponsors in the 107th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Cooksey to other members of the House of Representatives in the 107th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Cooksey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3432 (107th): Seaport Security Enhancement Act
- H.R. 2682 (107th): To provide for the designation of certain closed military installations as ports ...
- H.R. 2250 (107th): Patient Access, Choice, and Equity Act of 2001
- H.R. 631 (107th): Project Apollo Commemorative Coin Act of 2001
- H.R. 4925 (106th): Patient Access, Choice, and Equity Act of 2000
- H.R. 636 (106th): Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Amendments of 1999
- H.R. 2653 (105th): To direct the Director of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Nov 2002, Cooksey missed 392 of 3,397 roll call votes, which is 11.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: