Our unique analysis of the bills Cornyn has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cornyn is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cornyn for more statistics.
John Cornyn sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Finance
- Chairman, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Cornyn sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (22%) Taxation (21%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) International Affairs (12%) Health (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) Environmental Protection (6%)
Some of Cornyn’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3211: Cancer Care Payment Reform Act of 2016
- S.Res. 539: A resolution condemning the horrific acts of violence and hatred in Dallas, Texas, ...
- S. 3272: A bill to provide that members of the Armed Forces performing services in ...
- S. 3184: Back the Blue Act of 2016
- S.Res. 500: A resolution designating June 19, 2016, as “Juneteenth Independence Day” in recognition of ...
- S. 2984: No Impunity for Iranian Aggression at Sea Act of 2016
- S. 2857: A bill to direct the Secretary of State to develop a strategy to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Jul 2016, Cornyn missed 92 of 4,289 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: