Our unique analysis of the bills Culberson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Culberson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Culberson for more statistics.
John Culberson sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Culberson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (23%) Law (23%) Immigration (13%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Education (6%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Economics and Public Finance (6%)
Some of Culberson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6198: To provide that no alien may be naturalized as a citizen of the ...
- H.R. 5804: No Resettlement Without Consent Act
- H.R. 5393: Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
- H.R. 5102: Interior Immigration Enforcement Act
- H.R. 5103: Criminal Alien Detention and Removal Act
- H.R. 5101: Zero Tolerance for Illegal Entry Act
- H.R. 2578: Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Culberson’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 764: A bill to reauthorize and amend the National Sea Grant College Program Act, and for other purposes.
Jul 14, 2016. Passed.
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 1567: Global Food Security Act of 2015
Apr 12, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 623: Social Media Working Group Act of 2015
Feb 2, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2001 to Sep 2016, Culberson missed 727 of 11,049 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 10 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: