Cunningham, a Republican, was the representative for Washington's 7th congressional district from 1977 to 1978.
Cunningham is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cunningham sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Cunningham sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cunningham’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 13329 (95th): Native Americans Equal Opportunity Act
- H.J.Res. 903 (95th): A resolution disapproving proposed regulations of the Department of the Treasury requiring ...
- H.R. 12147 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to exempt ...
- H.J.Res. 828 (95th): A resolution to authorize and request the President to issue a proclamation ...
- H.J.Res. 815 (95th): A resolution to authorize and request the President to issue a proclamation ...
- H.R. 11676 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to exempt ...
- H.J.Res. 793 (95th): A resolution to authorize and request the President to issue a proclamation ...
From May 1977 to Oct 1978, Cunningham missed 138 of 1,294 roll call votes, which is 10.7%. This is on par with the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills