Our unique analysis of the bills Doolittle sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Doolittle is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Doolittle was the primary sponsor of 10 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4588 (109th): Water Resources Research Act Amendments of 2006
- H.R. 4720 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 Gateway Drive in Lincoln, California, as the “Beverly J. Wilson Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 923 (108th): Premier Certified Lenders Program Improvement Act of 2004
- H.R. 3388 (106th): Lake Tahoe Restoration Act
- H.R. 4132 (106th): To reauthorize grants for water resources research and technology institutes established under the Water Resources Research Act of 1984.
- H.R. 4079 (105th): To authorize the construction of temperature control devices at Folsom Dam in California.
- H.R. 2886 (105th): Granite Watershed Enhancement and Protection Act of 1998
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Doolittle sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (28%) Commerce (15%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Law (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Water Resources Development (8%) Agriculture and Food (6%)
Some of Doolittle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3939 (110th): To increase the safety for crew and passengers on an aircraft providing ...
- H.R. 2506 (110th): Tule Lake Segregation Center Special Resource Study Act
- H.R. 560 (110th): Small Business Freedom to Lend Act of 2007
- H.J.Res. 17 (110th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States establishing English ...
- H.R. 519 (110th): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to remove the discretion of ...
- H.R. 480 (110th): To amend the Truth in Lending Act to prohibit issuance of residential ...
- H.R. 481 (110th): Federal Election Integrity Act of 2007
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Dec 2008, Doolittle missed 468 of 11,102 roll call votes, which is 4.2%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: