Doolittle is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Doolittle sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Doolittle was the primary sponsor of 10 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4588 (109th): Water Resources Research Act Amendments of 2006
- H.R. 4720 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 Gateway Drive in Lincoln, California, as the “Beverly J. Wilson Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 923 (108th): Premier Certified Lenders Program Improvement Act of 2004
- H.R. 3388 (106th): Lake Tahoe Restoration Act
- H.R. 4132 (106th): To reauthorize grants for water resources research and technology institutes established under the Water Resources Research Act of 1984.
- H.R. 4079 (105th): To authorize the construction of temperature control devices at Folsom Dam in California.
- H.R. 2886 (105th): Granite Watershed Enhancement and Protection Act of 1998
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Doolittle sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (28%) Commerce (15%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Law (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Water Resources Development (8%) Agriculture and Food (6%)
Some of Doolittle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3939 (110th): To increase the safety for crew and passengers on an aircraft providing ...
- H.R. 2506 (110th): Tule Lake Segregation Center Special Resource Study Act
- H.R. 560 (110th): Small Business Freedom to Lend Act of 2007
- H.R. 519 (110th): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to remove the discretion of ...
- H.J.Res. 17 (110th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States establishing English ...
- H.R. 479 (110th): To direct the Federal Trade Commission to revise the do-not-call telemarketing rules ...
- H.R. 481 (110th): Federal Election Integrity Act of 2007
|Doolittle’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3325 (110th): Prioritizing Resources and Organization for Intellectual Property Act of 2008
Sep 28, 2008. Passed 381/41.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3527 (110th): To extend for two months the authorities of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.
Sep 17, 2007. Passed 347/30.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 137 (110th): Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007
Mar 26, 2007. Passed 368/39.
From Jan 1991 to Dec 2008, Doolittle missed 468 of 11,102 roll call votes, which is 4.2%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: