Our unique analysis of the bills Durkin sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1980. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Durkin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Durkin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Durkin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3076 (96th): A bill to provide an exemption from the tax on failure to ...
- S. 2893 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- S. 2874 (96th): A bill to amend the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 to ...
- S. 2862 (96th): Building Energy Performance Standards Implementation Act of 1980
- S. 2828 (96th): Small Business Motor Fuel Market Preservation Act of 1980
- S. 2672 (96th): Community Energy Assistance Act
- S.Con.Res. 90 (96th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that the Secretary ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1975 to Dec 1980, Durkin missed 371 of 3,124 roll call votes, which is 11.9%. This is on par with the median of 9.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills