Our unique analysis of the bills Edwards sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2004. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Edwards is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Edwards sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Crime and Law Enforcement (14%) Commerce (12%) Law (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Health (10%) Social Welfare (9%)
Some of Edwards’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3017 (108th): Swain County Settlement Act of 2004
- S. 2445 (108th): Direct to Consumer Prescription Drug Advertising Act of 2004
- S. 2325 (108th): Telehealth Improvement Act of 2004
- S. 2303 (108th): Better Future for American Families Act
- S.J.Res. 32 (108th): A joint resolution to provide for Congressional disapproval of certain regulations issued ...
- S.J.Res. 31 (108th): A joint resolution to provide for Congressional disapproval of certain regulations issued ...
- S. 2153 (108th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2004, Edwards missed 311 of 1,980 roll call votes, which is 15.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: