Edwards was a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Edwards’s time serving in the Senate. Edwards’s bills had a total of 32 cosponsors in the 108th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Edwards to other members of the Senate in the 108th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Edwards’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3017 (108th): Swain County Settlement Act of 2004
- S. 2445 (108th): Direct to Consumer Prescription Drug Advertising Act of 2004
- S. 2325 (108th): Telehealth Improvement Act of 2004
- S. 2303 (108th): Better Future for American Families Act
- S.J.Res. 32 (108th): A joint resolution to provide for Congressional disapproval of certain regulations issued ...
- S.J.Res. 31 (108th): A joint resolution to provide for Congressional disapproval of certain regulations issued ...
- S. 2153 (108th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2004, Edwards missed 311 of 1,980 roll call votes, which is 15.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: